ORDO WEEK 24 MONDAY EVENING SONG
Idolatry Forbidden
1Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
2“Speak to all the congregation of the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.
3 Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father,
and you shall keep My Sabbaths; I am the Lord your God.
4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves cast metal gods; I am the Lord your God.
5‘Now when you offer a sacrifice of peace offerings to the Lord, you shall offer it so that you may be accepted. 6It shall be eaten on the same day you offer it, and on the next day; but what remains until the third day shall be burned with fire. 7 So if it is eaten at all on the third day, it is unclean; it will not be accepted. 8 And everyone who eats it will bear the consequences for his guilt, because he has profaned the holy thing of the Lord; and that person shall be cut off from his people.
Various Laws
9 ‘Now when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very edges of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger. I am the Lord your God.
11‘You shall not steal,
nor deal falsely,nor lie to one another.
12 And you shall not swear falsely by My name, so as to profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.
13‘You shall not oppress your neighbor, nor rob him. The wages of a hired worker are not to remain with you all night until morning.
14 You shall not curse a person who is deaf, nor put a stumbling block before a person who is blind, but you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
15‘ You shall not do injustice in judgment; you shall not show partiality to the poor nor give preference to the great, but you are to judge your neighbor fairly.
16 You shall not go about as a slanderer among your people;
and you are not to jeopardize the life of your neighbor. I am the Lord.
17‘You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may certainly rebuke your neighbor, but you are not to incur sin because of him.
18 You shall not take vengeance, nor hold any grudge against the sons of your people,
but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.
27You shall not round off the hairline of your heads, nor trim the edges of your beard. 28You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead, nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.
32‘You shall stand up in the presence of the grayheaded and honor elders, and you shall fear your God; I am the Lord.
33‘When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. 34The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God.