LENT WEEK 3 SATURDAY MORNING PRAISE
SONGS OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD
SATURDAY MORNING PRAYER
(SATURDAY LAUDS)
LENT WEEK III
PSALTER WEEK III
FULL ROMAN RITE SERVICES
PSALM 119 145-152 XIX (Koph)
I call on you with all my heart – answer me, Lord.
PSALM 118:145-152 XIX (Koph)Clamávi in toto corde, exáudi me, Dómine;*
CANTICLE WISDOM 9
God of my fathers and Lord of mercy, who made all things by your word;
WISDOM 9:1-6,9-11Deus patrum meórum et Dómine misericórdiæ,* qui fecísti ómnia verbo tuo
PSALM 117
Praise the Lord, all nations; all peoples, praise him.
PSALM 116:1-2Laudáte Dóminum, omnes gentes,* collaudáte eum, omnes pópuli.
Extended Reading Isaiah 1:11-18
11 To what purpose do you offer me the multitude of your victims, saith the Lord? I am full, I desire not holocausts of rams, and fat of fatlings, and blood of calves, and lambs, and buck goats.
12 When you came to appear before me, who required these things at your hands, that you should walk in my courts?
13 Offer sacrifice no more in vain: incense is an abomination to me. The new moons, and the sabbaths, and other festivals I will not abide, your assemblies are wicked.
14 My soul hateth your new moons, and your solemnities: they are become troublesome to me, I am weary of bearing them.
15 And when you stretch forth your hands, I will turn away my eyes from you: and when you multiply prayer, I will not hear: for your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash yourselves, be clean, take away the evil of your devices from my eyes: cease to do perversely,
17 Learn to do well: seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge for the fatherless, defend the widow.
18 And then come, and accuse me, saith the Lord: if your sins be as scarlet, they shall be made as white as snow: and if they be red as crimson, they shall be white as wool.
11 To what purpose do you offer me the multitude of your victims, saith the Lord? I am full, I desire not holocausts of rams, and fat of fatlings, and blood of calves, and lambs, and buck goats.
12 When you came to appear before me, who required these things at your hands, that you should walk in my courts?
13 Offer sacrifice no more in vain: incense is an abomination to me. The new moons, and the sabbaths, and other festivals I will not abide, your assemblies are wicked.
14 My soul hateth your new moons, and your solemnities: they are become troublesome to me, I am weary of bearing them.
15 And when you stretch forth your hands, I will turn away my eyes from you: and when you multiply prayer, I will not hear: for your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash yourselves, be clean, take away the evil of your devices from my eyes: cease to do perversely,
17 Learn to do well: seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge for the fatherless, defend the widow.
18 And then come, and accuse me, saith the Lord: if your sins be as scarlet, they shall be made as white as snow: and if they be red as crimson, they shall be white as wool.